For information about SSMMA’s Transportation Program, please contact:
- SSMMA’s GIS team has created a fantastic multimedia Complete Streets story map that provides information about the benefits of Complete Streets, zones, typologies, an assets map, policy, success stories and how to take action in your community. There are also links to the plan, model Complete Streets ordinances and resolutions and other helpful information.
- Please click here for the plan. The purpose is to provide SSMMA and South Council staff with information, resources, and evidence they can share with member communities to promote a Complete Streets approach to transportation planning and programming and to develop and implement Complete Streets projects and policies.
- The South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association (SSMMA) Board and Executive Committee voted unanimously to adopt the plan on June 15, 2017 and the plan was finalized on August 23, 2017.
- 10 of 30 Invest in Cook projects awarded in the south suburbs. Read more.
- Click here for more transportation news.
FAST Act fact sheet
Federal Fiscal Year STP
For information about the Surface Transformation Program, please Leslie Phemister, Transportation Planner at 708-922-4677 or email@example.com , or Barbara Zubak at 312-386-8836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) Program
The Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) Program is a federally funded surface transportation program administered by the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning that is designed to improve air quality and reduce automobile congestion. There are currently 11 CMAQ projects that are active in the South Council region. These projects include bike trails, commuter parking lots, and intersection improvements.
I-294/I-57 Interchange Land Use and Economic Development Plan
South Suburban Freight Study – Technical Memorandum 1: Study Area Profile and Inventory (PDF, 6,754 Kb)
South Suburban Freight Study – Technical Memorandum 2: Issues, Recommendations, and Implementation (PDF, 866 Kb)
American Planning Association
American Public Transportation Association
Campaign for Sensible Growth
Center for Neighborhood Technology
Chicago Metropolis 2020
Clean Air Counts
Enterpriz Cook County
International City/County Management Association
Illinois City/County Management Association
Illinois Metropolitan Investment Fund
Illinois Municipal League
Metropolitan Planning Council
National Conference of State Legislatures
National League of Cities
Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County
U.S. Conference of Mayors
Workforce Board of Northern Cook County
Workforce Development Inc.
Chicago Department of Transportation
Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP)
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
CMAP – Go To 2040
Federal Highway Administration
Federal Transit Administration
Federal Railroad Administration
Illinois Department of Transportation
Metra Commuter Rail
Pace Suburban Bus
Regional Transportation Authority
Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
U.S. Department of Transportation
Chicagoland Bicycle Federation
League of Illinois Bicyclists
State and Federal Government
U.S. House of Representatives
U.S. Government’s Official Web Portal
Illinois General Assembly
Illinois Commerce Commission
Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
Illinois Department of Natural Resources
Chicago, Counties & Regional Councils of Government
Metropolitan Mayors Caucus
DuPage Mayors and Managers Conference
West Central Municipal Conference
Will County Government League
City of Chicago
Cook County (Main Page)
Cook County Assessor
Cook County Clerk